Given the ever-increasing measures that are in place to keep us safe from COVID-19, are you wondering:
- Do I have sufficient protection for myself and my loved ones?
- What else can I do to better protect us?
- Is there anything that provides the ultimate protection against this highly contagious yet invisible virus?
As I’ve been following the spread of COVID-19 from Wuhan across the globe, one thing I learned from the experts is that the last line of defense is your immune system.
That’s right. The strength of your immune system is your ultimate protection.
There are various things that can help boost your immune system: exercise, diet, energy movements, comedy, and natural remedies.
Here is a list of natural remedies that you may already have in your panty that can help you better safeguard your family. I’ve been using all of them before the outbreak of this pandemic.
If you don’t have these on hand, many of them are still available through Amazon or other health food sites (Vitacost.com is one such example).
- Baking soda: Baking soda mixed with water balances the acid in your body. Viruses don’t do well in a body that’s alkalized; they thrive in an acidic environment. Mix a pinch of baking soda with water and drink between meals. Don’t do so if you have high blood pressure.
- Apple cider vinegar: It is antiseptic, antifungal, and antiviral. It supports the microbiome and immune balance of the body. Mix apple cider vinegar with water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Lemon juice: It has benefits like apple cider vinegar. Squeeze lemon juice into warm water and drink with a meal.
- Sea salt: A sea salt solution can help clear out bacteria and viruses from your mouth. Gargle it in the morning.
- Oregano oil: Research has shown that oregano oil is antiviral and antioxidant. It’s a popular alternative remedy for cold & flu symptoms. Mix a few drops in a glass of water and drink up to 3 times a day. Only ingest oils made for internal consumption.
- Grape seed extract: According to a research paper by the National Institute of Health, grape seed extract has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. Mix a few drops with water and drink.
- Colloidal silver solution: Its antibacterial and antiviral properties have been known through the ages. Spray into your throat/mouth and hold under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing.
- Bach Rescue Remedy: It is a popular type of Bach flower remedy. It helps calm the nervous system, therefore stopping emotions that might weaken your immune system. It comes in a liquid and candy format. Use as directed.
- White sage leaves: The smoke of white sage leaves has been scientifically proven to clean air. What’s more, the smoke gets inhaled into the your respiratory system. It weakens whatever viruses and bacteria have lodged there. Burn the leaves inside a cast iron, urn or a ceramic container. Use with caution.
Please do your own research before ingesting any of these natural remedies.
What do you already have in your pantry? What do you want to add? Let me know by leaving a comment below.