The most popular way to sooth any abdominal discomfort is to massage the 36th point on the Stomach meridian, Zu San Li (足三里), commonly know as ST-36.
ST-36 is one of the most well known points in acupuncture treatment. It is known as the #1 longevity point. It is also one of the four Command Points for the body. It influences the abdomen. As such, it is beneficial for your stomach and intestines.
Here are a few more benefits from massaging this point:
- Enhance your immune system.
- Strengthen your digestive track.
- Boost your energy.
- Use firm pressure when you massage a point, unless it’s too painful. If it is, then use lighter pressure.
- If the point is painful to massage, it means that there is energy congestion and it’s in need of massage.
- If it’s not painful, you’ll want to dig around. You may find a spot that’s tender.
Let me know what you find by leaving me a comment below.